Category: Video Marketing
Top 5 Video Marketing Trends in 2017
If 2016 blew your mind with the proliferation of video in internet marketing, hear us out on this one: “Video is no longer an option for marketers today; it is essential to the success of your content strategy.” Naturally this has led to the emergence of trends that will remain significant all through 2017. Let’s dive straight in and look at the video marketing trends in 2017.
- Video in E-mails: Video in e-mail marketing is all the rage this year. Emails with videos have significantly higher open and click-through rates when compared to emails without. Don’t forget to use the word ‘Video’ in your subject line for higher open rates. Typically, product demo and training videos work very well for this platform.
- Live Streaming: With the surge in popularity of the Facebook live video feature, live streaming will be a huge trend in 2017 too. Why? Because videos in real-time offer you the opportunity to engage with your customers in a more human way. Facebook, Instagram & YouTube are all offering live streaming opportunities allowing followers to respond and react in real time. If you’re organising events in particular, live-streaming is a wonderful opportunity to increase engagement, before during and after the event.
- The rise of video advertising and ad budgets : 2017 is expected to witness an overall rise in online ad spends in comparison to TV ad spends. This could be attributed to the fact that people spent more time in 2016 watching online video over TV. Unbelievable, right?
- The popularity of how-to videos: Helpful how-to videos are expected to grow and become more popular in 2017. Whether it’s learning how to cook or to paint furniture like a pro, how-to-videos are currently breaking the internet. Moreover, helpful is the new way to go viral. And that’s why, top-of-the-funnel content like how-to videos are going to remain big through 2017.
- Video quality over quantity: Video competition is likely to get stiffer over time and low-quality videos will just not cut it for you. In fact, more and more people are looking for professionally executed video content. When you invest in video, make sure it’s done well and you sign up with the pros in the business from the very beginning. With high-quality videos, expect more engagement and higher conversions and an overall higher ROI.
Consider integrating these top 5 video marketing trends in 2017 to your strategy today. Video is the most sought-after tool to get real measurable results and drive your business forward. If you liked this article, don’t forget to subscribe and stay updated with our latest posts.
If you’re looking for the pros to help you make a beautifully finished film, write to us today at [email protected]